Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday #5

Holy SMOKES! Thursday # 5!?!? Only 4 more fridays to go. Thank goodness. Today/Tomorrow is hump day. It's all downhill from here.----at least I hope so. We head out to Acapulco tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting reports that the beach and the ocean are dirty and polluted. I'll keep you guys updated. I'm hoping to take my laptop, but it depends on how much crap I have to shove into my backpack and bag, since my suitcases are way too big for such a short time frame.

Drew should be posting a couple links to pictures here as soon as I send him the email. It's taken me almost a week to upload these pics since the internet has been so slow. --there are some pics in there I didn't caption well, but we're in a cave, under the pyramids, and there was a observatory type thing that one day a year where it would light up the entire cave - which was decently large, too. Nothing else is to exciting.

Last night, we went to Hellboy 2. The movie was lame, but the experience was decent. It was in a mall, which was regular sized, but had a huge circus tent for the roof - it rained tons last night and you could hear it throughout the end of the movie. We were going to see Hancock, but it sold out before we realized that we could only pay with a Visa (no mastercard). Uhm, we bought Drew some mexican shorts at Liverpool - similar to nordstom/dillards, I think. Lydia had driven us to the mall with Horacio so they could go grocery shopping afterward. Lydia sat and complained about the water bill being $300 for 2 months, and how she can't believe she pays so much for rain, so horacio told her to just gather the rain and filter it. Then something about a pool, grumpity words about the whole ordeal, and then we were there. I can't believe how expensive the water bill is. That's insane. I'm thankful for my cheap, clean water in the US. Our taxi driver for the way home had lived in Chicago for 6 years prior to coming back to Mexico 2 years ago. I think he wanted to practice his English cause he wouldn't speak in SPanish at all. That was actually really nice, and he knew exactly where we lived - which was nice too, since it was 11:00pm and I have no idea how to tell them how to get there.

I didn't sleep much last night. I'm having some serious sleeping problems. I feel that they're probably situational, but if it continues past a couple weeks back up in Oregon, I think I'll need some medical diagnosis because this is getting insane. I got to bed at 11:30, didn't really get to sleep til 1am, and woke up every half hour or so throughout the night, for several minutes. I'd be surprised if I slept for more than 2-3 hours total. This seems to be an recurring thing. Oh well. :/

So, tomorrow, acapulco with random people - of which none are friends....should be interesting...I've been told the beach and ocean are polluted, and the only things to go there are to go get drunk and dancing. If that's all, I guess I'll be watching a whole bunch of tv. At least it'll be acapulcoan tv, right?

2 comments:

Michele said...

I am sure you will have a fun time in Acapulco. You will be able to find people who speak English. Afterall it is a holiday spot. They cater to us Americans!
That is horrible about your sleep. Rick has the same issues and I used to. You could see if you could find some ambien (Zolpidem is the generic name) while you are there. Or maybe some tylenol with codine since you can by that over the counter.
Hey maybe you can find some cheap Alli = Orlistate. That would be cool!

R. said...

Too bad about Hellboy 2 being lame... I have a fangurl crush on Guillermo Del Toro, so I have high hopes for it!

That sucks about the sleeping problems! :( I won't tell you the details of late about the hours I"m keeping... it would just make you cry and I wouldn't want to cause you to have sympathy insomnia or something, lol.... well, WORSE insomnia in sympathy, or something... haha! I'm coherent today, huh!?