Wednesday, April 23, 2008
1. I have lock jaw syndrome. Apparently it's bad enough to make my dentist cringe. She told me to never chew gum.
2. I am a chain gum chewer. I have tried to cut down, but I love the stuff, and it makes exercising easier - so I try to only chew it when exercising.
3. I like to have my toes painted. I think that unpainted toenails are ugly toenails.
4. I hate nail polish colors on my fingernails. Only clear.
5. I shower 1 to 2 times daily. I can't stand dirt on me. I can't sleep unless I've showered.
6. I love reading teen fiction, like love, love it
7. I'm excited for the Twilight movie coming out, but I'm a little worried it'll suck.
8. I'm allergic to nuts, and I feel it's completely rude of people to put nuts in things without thinking. ESPECIALLY when they know I'm allergic. Jerks...
9. I hate remodeling, but I love the end product
10. I love throwing clay on the wheel. If I could do that all day, I would.
11. I love my curly hair - even when it's wild and unruly.
12. I'd rather type online, or text people than talk on the phone. The conversation just goes too quickly and I run out of things to say and I'm not good at multitasking on the phone as well as cpu and texting usage.
13. I think fruit juice is a joke.
14. I don't like eating red meat. I'd be vegetarian if I wasn't allergic to nuts.
15. I rub my hands together when they're dry.
16. I'm addicted to lotion. Although not as excessively as I was in Utah - at least there's a little moisture here.
17. I love being 40 minutes from the coast, even if it is almost always raining.
18. I don't like living in a impoverished community - it's hard on me sometimes.
19. I like listening to books on my ipod while I exercise - I get in good reading while I'm getting in some good cardio!
20. I love Sims. I don't think it'll ever get old
21. I like pastel colors. I also think all the neutral color crap people put in their houses is just that, crap - be bold, paint fun colors, make your house happy!
22. I'm allergic to cats. That's why I have one! LOL
23. I don't like carrots.- even if they do help you see in the dark - it just isn't worth it.
24. I like knitting, even if it makes me feel lame.
25. I love my iPhone, even though the game issue sucks.
26. I love my ugly clock I inherited from my grandparents, even if it is ugly.
27. I hate getting up in the morning. Even if it's 11am, whatever time I get up, I hate it.
28. I'm no good at organizing things. I can clean really well, but I'm really good at making piles. It's a good thing I married Drew, cause he's just the opposite.
29. I hate putting clothes away. Once again, I think this stems from the organizational skills...or better yet, the lack thereof!
30. I love Beauty and the Geek. It's probably my favorite reality show, ever!
31. I love baking. I don't always enjoy cooking, but baking is great!
Speaking of baking, I didn't bake these, but cooked them. Long story short, I got some purple potatoes and really needed to make mashed potatoes cause I was so excited. This is what they looked like!!!:
Kind of creepy, yes, but absolutely delicious!!!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
I have mixed feelings on who they cast for Jasper, Alice, and Rosalie, but Emmett, and Edward are PERFECT!!! Oh, I also think the Bella they cast is too pretty, considering the descriptions in the book, but that's OK. They also did a really good makeup job, and I'm loving the contacts!
Just call me a n3rd!
Friday, April 18, 2008
$5075.00The Cadaver Calculator - Find out how much your body is worth.
*Edit - Drew took it, he is 84% geek. He's pretty excited about it!
this one was hard cause I didn't know how to spell some of them :/
46 <--I feel retarded!
I won't survive on the mood either!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
We did get up the cover panels on all of our cabinets, along with the giant one for the back of the part that faces the dining room. That was a task in itself. We also got all the toe kicks put in, in the kitchen...so really all that's left in the kitchen is waiting for the countertop on the 25th, and then the sink can be put in! YAY!!! There's light at the end of the tunnel FINALLY!!!!
I got asked to be on the Garden Party activities committee today at church. I have no idea what this even is, or what I have to do to help, but I figured since I'll still be in town, and it's after I'm done with my pottery classes, there can't be too much harm in saying yes. I do have pottery til 6pm on Tuesday, and then a meeting for it at 7pm, so that'll be a bit busy, but I'll make it work.
I'm geared up to hopefully have a much better week this week, than last!
This pic was taken a couple weeks ago, but I
tweaked some stuff, and I am just loving it -
I thought that I'd share it. :)
Saturday, April 12, 2008
1. Exercise (harder than it sounds - there has been little motivation lately!)
2. Eat breakfast (I cna't eat breakfast til I exercise cause I can't go as fast if my tummy is full)
3. Wrap gifts for bridal shower
4. Go to a bridal shower at the country club....hub hub hub LOL
5. Come home, and help put on the sidings of all the new cabinets and island. I think the island thing is going to suck cause the panel thing is so heavy and huge
6. Help get the new doors into their places - we have 3 to do today - annoying!
7. Put in the frames for the closets so the dry wall isn't exposed
8. put casing around all of these enclosures and caulk them up to make them nice and pretty
9. Touch up paint everywhere there's a screw - I hate this part the most, I think.
10. Cook dinner. - this is normally a good thing, but on days like this, it's the last thing on my mind, so if I think about it nooooww, I'll know what to cook!
So then, this weeeek, I need to:
1. Head to the library and get my new books
2. Call up the Dr. and make sure I'm current on all shots for leaving to Mexico for 2 months
3. Get the rest of the baseboards in place so we can actually have people over! (hopefully it's here this week - they were back ordered)
This month has way too many things to list. I think I'll just keep with today's list and see how it runs.
Oh, I also knitted a trial run teddy bear this past week during conference (well, 3 of the 4 sessions). I got yarn to make a for real one yesterday, so I think I'll make that tomorrow after church. The pattern I have makes a really cute bear, but he's only about 6-7" tall. I'm contemplating doubling up the pattern to make it twice as big. .....I'm not sure if I want that kind of commitment though :/
This is my lame attempt - it's white cause that's all I had when the power went out, and the nose and eyes aren't out of the right kind of thread. I just wanted to make sure I could do it. It's also supposed to have a bow - I didn't have any bows! :)
Saturday, April 5, 2008
I couldn't believe how much I had missed throwing. I might not be great at it, but it was nice to know that it had been 3.5 years since I've touched a wheel and it took only seconds to center my clay. I was pleased with my ability. I made a few cups. I don't know if I'm entirely content with them, but that's where my teacher wants me to start, and I don't want to do mugs. My goal for taking these classes was, and is to thin down my clay...to become more comfortable with pulling thinner vessels. I hope I'm able to do it. I'm also able to go in on Tuesdays to throw, which I will definitely take advantage of.
The book study was fun. We chatted about Northanger Abbey...which is probably my least favorite Jane Austen book. Then again, I just have a hard time reading those books anyway, since I have to really pay attention = hard to read and walk on the treadmill at the same time! We're reading some biography on Abraham Lincoln for next month (I went and put in a request for the cd's)- there's no way I'd be able to stay awake and read a biography..just won't happen! So then, the month after, we're reading The Hobbit. So, I need to get through those two, plus the book I chose for my own reading. I think choosing what I want to read has been one of the best aspects of not being at school!
I had a stupid moment on Thursday as well. I had my salad open, all ready to eat, and realized I had forgotten to send of a reminder email to keep the pecans off. So I figured 'oh! I'll just pick them off!' - yeah, that wasn't going to work. I ate a crouton while I was at work pulling those devil nuggets off and realized that the pecans had saturated everything....I had no lunch.... So the only redeeming factor of work on Thursday had quickly been diminished! My mouth started to itch! So I kept the salad for Drew to eat. Dang. So THEN, when I was at this house that night, they had dog dander around their house, and after sitting there for 2 hours, my immune system just couldn't take that much threat on my body. I got home and my chest was so constricted, my throat and mouth were out of control with burning and itchy-ness! I shouldn't have even touched that salad. I just didn't realize my pecan allergy had gotten that bad. :( I ended up downing a whole lot of Benadryl and passing out. I don't think I moved all night. I still had residual feelings yesterday, so downed more benadryl. I think that crap stays in my system for a long time cause it's mid afternoon now and I still feel groggy.
I guess I'll go back to fiddling around on the internet. I painted all of the closet casing (that we have to put in before we put in new doors), and all of the case moulding (put around the doors). It took a solid 2 hours. Now we wait for the base boards..... Oh, I guess I have to paint the doors, too. boo. hahaha
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Who are You?
Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X
from the ones you have not. Answer the 30 questions at the end and send it to
your friends. Be sure to send it back to me. This is for your entire life!
(X) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school
() Watched someone die
(X) Been to
(X) Been to
() Been to
(X) Been on a plane
() Been lost
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
() Gone to
(X) Swam in the ocean.
() Cried yourself to sleep
() Played cops and robber
(X) Recently colored with crayons
() Sang Karaoke
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only?
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
(X) Made prank phone calls
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
() Been kissed under the mistletoe
() Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Gone to the movies
1. Any nickname? Maddy, Mad, Madifers, Poco
2. Mother's name? Pamela
3. Favorite drink? Chocolate milk or Diet Dr. Pepper
4. Tattoo? yeah...wanna see?
5. Body Piercings: yes - ears
6. How much do you love your job? It depends on the day. Today was a good day.
7. Birthplace: SLC, UT
8. Favorite vacation spot? Anything with an ocean, but preferably warm.
9. Ever been to
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Uhhhh, more than once!
11. Ever been on TV? Yes- don't remember what for though
12. Ever steal any traffic signs? No, just traffic cones!
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yeah, they suck.
14. Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4
15. Favorite salad dressing? Usually ranch
16. Favorite pie? Anything containing the word cream!
17. Favorite number? 2 or 7
18. Favorite movie? It's hard to pick one...Any Harry Pooters would top it though, I think.
19. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
20. Favorite dessert? Sugar - cookies, cake, etc.
21. Favorite food? Indian anything
22. Favorite day of the week? Friday night to saturday night.
23. Favorite brand of body wash? Aveeno - the only thing my skin can handle!
24. Favorite toothpaste? Anything that makes my teeth minty fresh
25. Favorite smell? clean, like grass and summer days
26. What do you do to relax? dink on the cpu or watch tv.
28. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully with kiddies :)
29. Furthest place you will send this message? ? No idea.
30. Who will respond to this the fastest? No idea!