Friday, October 31, 2008
In other news, I'm watching Grey's Anatomy right now, and I cannot physically stomach seeing them cut open anything, and haven't been able to do so for the last 2 weeks. Oh it is just yucky.
I also don't think we're going to get any Trick-Or-Treaters tonight. That makes me a bit sad. What happened to the extreme trick or treating of going out at 6pm, and not coming home til 9pm with mounds, and mounds of candy, and seeing EVERYONE in the nieghborhood out and about. Have people and their houses really seriously gotten that scary? I"M NOT scary! Just a little bit spaz.
Drew says hi.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I want it so bad. I can't justify $75 on something like that though! Besides, where would I put such awesomeness?!!? Drew would NEVER let me put it in the bedroom! Treadmill's room? Nah....gotta leave that for the Fire Brigade!
I think eventually though, when we do have babies, I'll get the restickable decals of Alphabet Zoo!
Tonight, I drank a cup of apple cider, ate a cupcake, and had some whipping cream...ohohoh, and some cotton candy from Farmer's Market today. HAHAHA I feel all sugared up, and ready for bed! I'm going to go put the new sheets on the bed and snuggle in and watch some random movie til I pass out (I think Ratatouille is in there right now!)
**And remember, if it's clear and yella, you've got juice there fella, if it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town!**
I want to note that I made vanilla cuppycakes with vanilla icing, no sprinkles - tomorrow once theyve cooled, but not tonight, and no cherries. I just found the one with the cherry on top because it reminded me of Mr. Bean and how he had that cuppycake with the cherry on top and I like that episode a lot!
I also have this awesome cuppycake book on how to decorate them all crazy like. Maybe I'll post some pictures of that later.
These were my crabs. I had crabs. LOL They died suddenly one day, I don't even know how....
Oh man, the Lexy rolling in the hallway at our old condo, I love her! She isn't dead yet.
I apologize for the bad picture. I didn't have a ton of pictures of "her" My chameleon's name was Freckles. I loved her. Lexy thought she was a toy and swung her around and flipped her into the air. Poor Freckles.
This was my fish named "PH" /f/ cause that's all he could say in the water. PH even ventured the 800+ miles with us up to Oregon before he kicked the bucket on Mother's Day 1.5 years ago. So sad. He lived for a couple years though!
OK, well this isn't a pet, but this was a snow storm down in Utah a few years ago and fell upon it and had to post the reason I don't want to live there anymore. :)
This was just Lexy hanging out in the bunny habitat. She loved it more than the bunnies!
Awwwwww!!! Sweet Ben and Bug!!!!!! We had to give them away because Drew and I were both too alergic to them. :(
This was Sparkles. I loved him. I don't remember how he died!
Picabo and Tomba- these guys are still alive and live at my mom's house. I miss them and love them sooooo much!
I know this is mostly a Lexy post apparently, BUT you have to love this picture. She was OBSESSED with that tree/tree skirt.
I'm sorry I don't have pictures of my hamsters. Mom, do you have a picture of Pubes hanging out in the train that goes around the tree at Christmas?? That's my favorite picture in the entire world! Or Saber with walnuts and frozen peas in her pouches? Do we even have any pictures of them?
I also had a goldfish named Bart. He was so big that he ate my neon tetras for snacks. My cousin Jen flushed him down the toilet for me. :)
Oh yeah! We had a water turtle one time, too. And another bunny. And 2 cockatiels(don't know how to spell that!), and 3 parakeets! hehehe It's like I lived on a farm!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Today is K's birthday, so tomorrow, R, K, and I are going to go get our tootsies pampered and eat some delicious lunches! Yay!!! I also have from other friends going pumpkin patching tomorrow afternoon as well- I'm hoping to meet up with them- cross your fingers!
OK, it's 8:00, gotta go call some peeps and leave so I can drive across town (LOL - literally 5-10 mins) to make it to trainnnnnning!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
What to do: Copy this list on your Blog, and bold the things you've done.
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby’s diaper (Hundreds)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said “I love you” and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope- I got to see Saturn- pretty awesome
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath – not on purpose- the shower wasn’t working in
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don’t
56. Visited the
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest- no, but Drew did!
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently- no, but I pretend to!
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the
74. Helped an animal give birth- does watching count?
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school- does taking a year off in-between bachelors and masters count?
89. Changed your name – married!
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
94. Taught yourself an art from scratch
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream- sometimes
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people – I like to pretend
108. Brought out the worst in people – all the time!
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse- I can’t now though cause I’m allergic!
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play
115. Been inside the pyramids – which ones?
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird- no but I ran over one
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in a historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon – if my knee gets better, I will!
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking
144. Learned how to take a compliment- About purses! Hah!
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter – you don’t even WANT to know….*cough*axle*cough*
149. Spent the night in something haunted- yeah, a haunted house!
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away- no, but I always wrote notes that I was doing so.
152. Learned to juggle –two balls! hahaha
153. Been a boss – to my assistants!
154. Sat on a jury- no, the lady never showed up!
155. Lied about your weight – who doesn’t?
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers- man, they itched!
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots – Michele, shuttup. J
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter
Here are some of my favorites that I've found on her website: (Oh, and a thank you to the websites I found them from!)
I'll admit, a bit morbid on these first two, but also hilarious!
I adore this one!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
I've decided that I am in LOVE with Sean Kingston. Yeah, he's barely legal, but who cares? I am loving his Jamaican accent, and his ability to flip lyrics from crap like Led Zeppelin into awesome songs! And those cheeks! Just wanna pinch them!!!!!
Alright, gunna go clean up the insulation and dry wall from the light/fan combos Drew just put in so we can venture back to Lowe's to buy more white paint- cause I ran out and need to paint the closet doors, and do the touch up from throwing up the moulding. Loves it.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I've been contemplating redownloading photoshop, but I've been too lazy to find the "right" one. ;)
I made a cheesecake today. It looks a bit questionable. I haven't tried it yet.
I don't really feel like the whole work game tomorrow. I do get Friday "off" though- I am starting GLAD training, so I have that the 17th, 24th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st. So that should be informative and interesting!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
We then find out that Cedric Diggory aka Edward Cullen now lives in Forks, and it interested in Bella Swan. People are thinking these are TWO separate people, when they most decidedly ARE NOT.
Cedric Diggory and Edward Cullen are the SAME EXACT PERSON! Let me tell you how it happend.
Voldymort told his lackies to kill "Cedric" when in reality, they just stunned him severely. Harry does his cool wizard skills, and brings Cedric back. Everyone is all wiggin out, thinking Cedric is dead, and all the shinanagans start! Mr. Diggory realizes that his son, Cedric isn't REALLY dead, but SOMETHING severe has happened to him. Mr. Diggory and his wife head off to the best hospital they can find in Chicago. Since they have to travel so far, they decide to aparate with Cedric's body.
Since Mr. Diggory took his son, Dumbledore decides to continue on with a funeral anyway. In Dumbledores eyes, Mr. is dillusional, and it's just a matter of time before Cedric dies. Dumbledore might as well get the truth out as quickly as he can- the pressing matter is Voldemort, not whether or not Cedic is going to live through the night.
So anyway, Diggory's are now in Chicago. They had heard from a squib that this was the best hospital in the world, and that there was a certain doctor that had heard of wizards before and had performed surgery on them before. Surprisingly, Cedric still hasn't died, but is in a coma like state, and in critical condition.
After a few months, Cedric's parents catch some kind of incurable virus and quickly die; leaving Cedric alone, at the hospital. This caring doctor realizes that Cedric is a very special person, being a wizard and all, and continues to watch him closely, since Cedric now has no blood relations. As time goes by, Cedric begins to come around from the spell that the lackies cast on him, but is plagued by some kind of disease that is threatening his life. As Cedric becomes conscious, Dr. Cullen, this kind and generious doctor that has watched over him like a son, begins to ask him of his past life. Miraculously, Cedric doesn't remember any of his wizarding world.
Quite quickly and suddenly, Cedric begins to suffer from this disease he has obtained, and is on the verge of death. Dr. Cullen, realizing the importance to keep this person alive, then turns him into a vampire. The transformation happens, and Cedric realizes that he doesn't want to continue to be called Cedric because of the loss of his parents, and former life. He then takes upon the name of Edward Cullen, and lives out a very interesting, very busy life in various states and countries for the rest of his life! AND that my friends, you can read about in the Twilight books. :)
Now keep in mind, the two pictures. The ONLY reason they look different is because of the vampire transformation. It obviously thinned out his eyebrows, "Edward" gave himself a new hair do, and he's pale- (because he's a vampire, duh)
So there you have it. Cedric Diggory = Edward Cullen, IN THE FLESH!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
I did find some cool side gadgets to put on since I hadn't looked through those in a little while. I sure hope my template won't get messed up again when I change it in a month. I guess it'll be a sad day if it does. I might not do as much to fix it. I'm not happy with it right now, but all my pictures are on my external harddrive on the end table, and I don't feel like going to get it, looking through the files to find the right ones, and posting them. So this is going to do.
I went to a bridal shower today. It was thoroughly entertaining. I'm awaiting the pictures I took on Rachael's camera to post them. I was too lazy to pull out my own camera. I have a couple, but once again, the camera isn't right by me, so I'm not going to upload them onto the computer yet.
I'm excited for my Salvador Dali daily postings. I love that guy
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I went to physical therapy today. The physical therapist says I have tendonitis throughout my right thigh, and bursitis in my hip. I apparently have a lot to work on. The PT said that my arch collapses when I run, and showed me how it does it, which was kind of amazing how easily he was able to show me- pretty cool stuff. So he proceeded to deep tissue massage it, ice it, and stretch it. I'm all bruised up now because of my anemia, and my leg is killing me.
I asked him what exercise I can do since I can't run. He said I can try biking, but that it'll probably hurt. He said I CANNOT rollerblade. He said I can swim, as long as it doesn't hurt- but swimming is so expensive. I'm going to look into it though since I got my raise. I just feel so out of my element. I'm always walking or running. What am I going to do without it?
Funny thing though, while I was there, I found out that one of the mom's of the kids at school works there. I ended up talking to her for 15 minutes, and as I'm leaving, another teacher in the building showed up for the same exact problem! hahaha So we chatted as well. I thought it was pretty entertaining.
I also wanted to discuss Dune.
(STING is the only redeeming factor in that entire movie)- and those panties!
Dune is THE worst movie ever made. Hands down. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I cannot believe I spent 34 hours watching that wretched thing. What is it? Spice? I'm really into nutmeg myself! And what's with the eyes? Seriously. What got into me? Yet for some reason, I was totally into it. AND, is it just me, or is it completely phallic? Yeah, someone was tripping on some bad acid. That's all I gotta say.
So now the PT is wanting me to get orthpedic shoes. Please someone, please, please, please tell me they aren't all old grandma shoes?! MICHELE SHUTTUP! - but seriously, I am NOT getting those shoes if that is my only option. I'll deal with my collapsed arches dangit!
What do you think Shel, think they come in my size?! O.o
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I Plan To Do Before I Die:
1. Have a baby
2. Run a marathon (if my knees don't give out)
3. Care enough to lose the rest of the weight
4. Travel to Europe
5. Travel to Asia
6. Become certified to scuba-dive
7. Obtain a house on the coast
Seven Things I CAN Do:
1. Make awesome stuff on a pottery wheel
2. Yell, really loud
3. Teach children to read
4. Bake delicious stuff
5. Clean house like nobodies business
6. Tell you what is developmentally appropriate for your children- and tell you you're doing it wrong. ;)
7. build computers- not that it's all that necessary anymore.
Seven Things I CANNOT Do:
1. Sing, I am tone deaf and musically retarded- I have to agree with Shannon on this one!
2. Seem to lose the last 30 lbs
3. obliterate breast cancer
4. Fly an airplane
5. settle for less
6. shoot guns- they just creep me out
7. I can't paint people, let alone in proportion
Seven Things That Attract Me To My Spouse:
1. His ability to work with potential criminals
2. His smartness
3. His ability to remodel, and isn't afraid to do it, even if he doesn't know how.
4. That he loves me
5. His blue eyes
6. His patience
7. His ability to laugh away everything
Seven Things I Say Most Often:
1. That's what she said!
2. Keep talking, I'm listening, I'm just doing other stuff, too
3. RAISE YOUR HAND!
4. uhhhhhhhh, try again.......
5. If you can tell me what time it is, you can be the first to go home!....NO! ....LOL.... 72 isn't in hours!
6. What do you want for dinner?
Seven Celebrity Crushes:- Oh, I totally have a list, let me go get it! - now it goes backward, #7 is my #1, #1 is my #7.
1. Jude Law
2. Shane West
3. Brad Pitt
4. Will Smith
5. Taye Diggs
6. Patrick Dempsey
7. Jamie Bamber
Seven People Who I Think Should Do This:
7. Rachael :)
One of my little boys left yesterday, and that made me sad. He's moving to McMinnville for a while. I also have a little girl that is moving to Oakdale next week, and Friday will be her last day. That leaves me with 24 kids. I'm wondering how fast it'll be before I get loaded with more kids. I'm going to definitely enjoy the lower number though! It's amazing what 1 or 2 kids gone (no matter which ones)- will do for a classroom dynamic.
Lexy has been throwing up lately. I'm not sure what it is. She's also been shedding like crazy. I'm not taking her to the vet though. She's not dieing, and she's still eating, so whatever.
I also got paid today- hooray for raises! - it wasn't much, but more money, easier class is always a bonus, right? :D
I don't have any *new* pictures, so here's a picture of a beach house I want to buy. Sorry the fence is blocking 90% of it- we were cruising along, and I said, OH, I LOVE THAT HOUSE! and took a picture! :)
I also downloaded Wizard of Oz, I'm excited to watch it. Do you know where my DVD went? I can't find it anywhere, and I'm too cheap to buy it again. Speaking of too cheap, I bought a lapdesk fan thing. It sits under my laptop with a fan going to keep my processor cool while I play games, so my legs don't burn up. YES!
I have physical therapy tomorrow- wish me luck!
HEY, REMEMBER IT'S BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH- check yourself before you wreck yourself sista!