Thursday, November 25, 2010

Golden Snitch Cupcakes



You guys! I think this is my last post for the day! (finally, right?)

So my awesome sister reminded me that my half-brother was turning 25 on the 25th this month (which also happens to be Thanksgiving this year :) ) - so we both thought, almost immediately, that Golden Snitch's were in order to celebrate.

I thought for about a month on what I should do.  I searched the internet to see what other people had created.  I had initially thought I should do a cake, but after seeing other peoples, and asking opinions, cupcakes seemed more realistic.  I got the cupcake idea from Dumbledore's Vegan Army.  I wasn't going to make vegan cuppin cakes, but out of all the ideas, that one seemed to be the most realistic....it needed wings that weren't lines and just weird.

So I set to work, planning in my head, talking it through with Drew, and people on Facebook.  We came up with what I felt was a pretty decent plan.  Here's how it played out:

I made sugar cookies that looked like mustaches and had a little tab in the middle of them.  I brought these up to Seattle with us and frosted them last night since I needed the icing to set before painting them gold.  This morning, I painted them gold with gold pearl dust.

Once those were done and waiting, I made some sweet cuppin cakes and frosted them.  I put some gold sprinkles on those.

Then! I shoved the tab on the cookies into the middle of the cupcakes and let them sit around for their debut!

They weren't perfect, but I think they turned out well enough - especially since I didn't have my icing spatula, and for some reason, my icing didn't set properly...even though it was mad delicious!







so...what do you think???  (I would have had gold cupcake liners if I could have found them quickly, but I couldn't, so they were silver)

1 comment:

Suki Lotti said...

Those cupcakes rock! Way to go!