Friday, July 16, 2010

The Week Recapped

Man, I have been busy! Once I get into a routine, I find it difficult to figure out how I did anything else before "this." It always amazes me. I've learned that I'm a crummy housekeeper. I'd rather play with Ellie, and then play on the computer while she's napping than actually do anything around the house. Maybe it's a good thing I work so that the house doesn't get so messy during the school year.

So this week, Little Miss Brainy and I played in the house, went for walks, and even did a stop at PetSmart. We don't have any pets..... so what I decided is that this way, E can see animals and I don't have to have the commitment! (I have commitment issues. hahaha) So we go in and head to the fish first. I think E spent a good 15 minutes staring at those guys and saying things like, "OH!" "HI!" "WOWOW!" and "YAY!" It was darling. If she could have figured out a way into that water, I'm sure she would have taken it. She liked the birds, and the rats and mice, but definitely not as much as those fish! She didn't seem at all interested in the cats for adoption, nor the dogs getting groomed. It was all about keychains, doggy treats and fish! Pretty cute.

So let's see...we got our produce box this past Tuesday. We had lettuce, lettuce mix (this is usually just smaller leafed, different varieties of lettuce--it's pretty good), cilantro, potatoes, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, celery, 2 sweet onions, and blackberries. You guys, I am not a blackberry lover. I have never found a blackberry that I've said "This is IT!" to like I have with strawberries, cherries, and raspberries. So I threw them into some pancakes this morning and drizzled honey on it. It wasn't perfect, but definitely better than eating them regularly.




I was putting dishes in the dishwasher, I went to the kitchen table to get the rest of the dishes and I found this. I laughed and took pictures before I took her off. Heeelarious!


Look at those AWESOME glasses! They're Baby Banz and they're supposed to stay ON a kid's head. Not mine. She ripped them off after about 45 seconds, which is about 43 seconds longer than the first time she tried them on!


Doesn't she look so grown up?? Where did my baby go?!


And I can't remember if I mentioned in the last blog or not, but we have a walker! I cried. :) I cried for sheer happiness and realizing what a sheer disaster is to come, but I'm going to love every minute of it, cause if I don't, it'll go by too fast!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

2 comments:

Michele said...

So dang cute! I love the mouth open to help balance

Suki Lotti said...

Um, yeah. It will be a busy day in the Lotti household when Kaelyn learns to crawl. So. Not. Baby proof.