Sunday, July 4, 2010

Scuba!

Drew decided we needed to go scuba diving. We aren't certified, but they have this thing where you can "try out scuba diving" to see if it's something you want to pursue in the future. We spent the day learning how to scuba, practiced in the pool, and then went for a dive with an instructor. We went down 20 feet and swam around some huge coral heads. It was incredible once you figure out what you're doing!

So I'm an eager person. I had to be first to do everything in the pool (I didn't ask to be first, but the instructor felt that I *needed* to be first...whatevs!) but we all did a good job (all 3 of us!) Once we got into the ocean though, you have to take a line down to the bottom so you remember to pop those ears. Once we were down though, something happened and I just floated right to the top. I realized that you can control how deep you go with messing with your lungs. If you keep blowing out, even though you don't think there's any more air in those lungs, you'll just go deeper. It was crazy weird. Then Drew on the other hand, had the complete opposite problem. He just sunk. He had to work on floating.

Once we had everything down though (took a good 15 minutes)- it was pretty fun. I would definitely do it again.

--We weren't allowed to take pictures in the ocean due to liability reasons. Which is fine, cause I probably would have floated to the top again. hahaha guess I don't need to worry about drowning!



on the boat, getting ready to take off (I think of FB I said we were done, but I was wrong)


the tanks across from us. I don't know why I didn't take a pic of our tanks attached to our gear


playing in the pool- I remind myself of a borg


Drew in the pool...which by the way was way dirtier than the ocean...

.
cheese!

No comments: