Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here's and There's

I should fill out a title once I'm done with a blog, because at the beginning, most of the time I have no idea what I'm going to write about. For example, today at work, I decided I was going to give my kiddos a good dose of 3rd grade writing expectations. We sat at the overhead projector for more than an hour coming up with a story about a dragon. Man, it was pretty awesome. It was a boy dragon named alex that had pink horns, painted his sharp toenails sparkly green, and breathed rainbow fire. He was still a baby dragon, so we didn't discuss mating. LOL I'm sitting there, writing this all down for the kids when BOOM, my projector turns off, and won't turn back on the rest of the day. I was kind of ticked. The end.

Now a story about Drew. Drew has late classes this semester. I hate them. I've gotten used to seeing him within a couple hours of me getting off work, if not, at the same time. Lexy is as well. Lexy is so attached to Drew that she SITS at the door for quite a while waiting for him to come in. It takes almost an hour for her to realize he's not coming in the door for her to go back to bed. She doesn't acknowledge me at all, except to go feed her her medicine induced food. But once Drew is home....oh ho ho! That's a completely different story. She's all about the following around and mooing like she has been SAVED! I'm a horrible parent.


(note: ignore the mess. I'm no good at cleaning anymore. OH! Or the uncalibrated lighting. Once again, way too lazy to fix it so it looks decent.)


I also cooked a quiche tonight. I'm not quite sure if I cooked it all the way. Last time, I used a deeper dish pan. I need to remember not to use such a shallow pan next time. I also hope I don't make myself sick, because I'd definitely rather get sick off of cookie dough than quiche.

So, NEXT Friday, we find out if the monster is a boy or girl. It doesn't seem real to me at all. Even though I am getting totally violated by punching and kicking that I did not say OK to. Meany.

One last thing. We were driving into Salem on Saturday, and everything was covered in frost. It reminded me of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was very pretty, and made me want to eat turkish delight. hahaha

1 comment:

Shannon said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture...and I am all for boys!!! Super easy and everyone LOVES an older brother...older sisters are just bah!