Hey Shel, Joe Satriani is playing at the Teatro Metroplitan on 12 Agosto! I could totally go and tape it for you! hahaha I didn’t even know he was still alive.
So in other news, I am an emotional bag of wuss. It’s probably from not doing anything for 3 days, and having extremely horrible sleeping abilities. I woke up in the middle of the night to thunderstorms – which were cool since I haven’t heard thunder more than maybe once since we moved from
I was in an extremely bad mood this morning- on the verge of tears before we went to eat. I had to have a little crying session to get it out of my system about how I hate it here, I don’t want to be here, I feel trapped, etc. etc. I’m sure hoping this gets easier when we actually get classes going on.
So last night, we went upstairs to let
Then this morning, we went up and ate our fruit and cereal. We had zucaritos. – little sugars aka frosted flakes. Hahaha with
We went to church today- that was very scary to get up an go, I was very apprehensive. Who we both think was the bishop came and said hello, and one old lady, no one else did. It was a ward of about ~70-80people there. There were some missionaries, but none of them said hi (there were 3)- I was ok with that. So anyway, it was nice to go and knowing the routine is always extremely helpful. What was funny though is everyone was out in the hallway chatting away and one of the bishopric started sacrament meeting. Everyone came in while he was talking – it’s like they won’t stop until he starts. And everyone did this clap/shake hangs thing, where the louder the clap before the shake, the better the hello. Very odd. I’m glad we went though.
So here we are, back in our cell until 3pm when we eat lunch. Then we come back here until dinner – if we choose to eat it. I sure hope tomorrow is better.
Things I hate:
1. These damn beds – cement is more forgiving
2. Mexican sidewalks – they’re crap- take pride in your smooth surfaces Gringos!
3. Mexican stores – for some reason, it just feels like they’re trying to rip me off, even for a container of gel antibacterial
4. Ciel mineralizada – sick shizz, just plain disgusting, who drinks that crap1? (mineral water)
5. Not knowing Spanish – and not caring a ton to try my hardest
6. People that don’t know English – we should just make it a universal language – it’d make things easier
7. Not knowing how to do bulleted lists in word. Stupid Microsoft being all stupid.
8. Jet lag – yes, call me a freaking wuss, but seriously, I do NOT like going to bed at 8pm pacific time because it says 10pm on my clock. I also do NOT like getting up at 4:30am because my clock says 6:30am. That’s trash. But maybe, just maybe if I get in the habit of it, I could get up and exercise before work when I get back? ….meh….probably not.
Things I like:
2. This boiled down milk and sugar crap.
4. The Interwebs
For some reason, Drew is able to connect the internet from the wall in the backyard, but I can’t. I’ll be happy when I can use my computer tomorrow at the school. I think we’re going to try to go on as many excursions as possible, just to keep us busy, even if it runs us into the ground monetarily – but it’s just money, right?