Sunday, February 27, 2011

Promise

I promise my child doesn't just eat junk food.  As I was looking through pictures today, I tried to figure out why in the world all her pictures are taken while she's eating food.  And it dawned on me! She sits still!  If she isn't eating, she is going a million miles a second.

We went to a Mardi Gras party on Saturday night.  There were a few other kids there that were the same, and around the same age as Elisabeth.  Those kids all stood quite near their parents...no mindless wandering or anything.  My child on the other hand? Yeah, she was sitting/laying/scooting/running/etc. through the whole vineyard. She was running up and down the benches, touching people's legs, throwing necklaces around, dropping mini babies into people's drinks...you think it, she probably did it.  But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love her energy and her confidence. She is amazing.

 cookie mouth. Seriously, she really DOES eat other stuff! But look at that wonderful smile!!

 She fed herself yogurt - all. by. herself. lol

 My Mardi Gras party animal

 see? right in the middle. Thank goodness no one seemed to mind.


 These are why my child has been insisting on eating cookies alll day long. I'm in the process of making these bad boys for a week long celebration next week. I'm waiting for the icing to dry so that I can freeze them for the big day (that way they don't go bad) - anyway, these puppies have been a 3 day process - 1 day making dough (has to be refrigerated for the cookies to come out of the oven the way I want), 1 day to cook them, and 1 day to ice them.  I used a Glace Icing on them this time instead of royal icing which I would normally do.  A lady online highly suggested it, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I've never made cookie pops, but I only had one come off the stick.  I had some teeny tester cookies that Drew and Elisabeth gobbled up.  They were pretty good.  I added lemon extract to the icing, so it has a nice lemony hit to it.  Divine!  I'm making some cookie flower bouquets.  Our theme is nursery rhymes so each of the cookie shapes goes along with a nursery rhyme, song or poem. :) Go me!

 I told her to say cheese, this is what I got- oh man, she makes me laugh.  Drew was her pony...he was broken. :)
She wanted to play drums on the camera

1 comment:

Michele said...

I put vanilla and lemon in my roll out cookies a week ago and they were awesome. I realized that the Backer's cookies have lemon in them.
Great photos!