Friday, March 11, 2011

Blessed

I had my 29th birthday one week ago, today.  I have been blessed with great friends who humored me enough to go drive up to Seaside and hang out with me over the weekend.  It couldn't have been any more perfect (other than being able to stay longer!)

When we were out playing in the water, there was a chill that picked up suddenly, so I wanted to go in (after the grumbly lady said, "No kids in the hot tub under 6 years old" blah blah blah)- so I didn't want to stick around in the kiddy pool any longer.  Anyway, I mindlessly left my camera by the side of the pool.  I didn't realize it was gone until we got home the next day.  That evening when I called up with very little hope of it to be found, I was pleasantly shocked.  Some kind individual had turned it in!!! I don't necessarily believe in karma, but I do feel as though some kindness has been re-payed somehow.  I am forever grateful for whomever it was that was kind enough to turn it in rather than take it. Thankfully, it was my waterproof camera instead of my $$$$$ Nikon, but it's still my camera that has priceless pictures on it- all I wanted were the pictures if it came down to it!  So the kind people at Worldmark are sending it down to me.  When I get those pictures I'll post some. :)

Also, not that I'm at all happy about the tragic earthquake in Japan, but I am relieved that we weren't planning on going up today.  That would have been scary, and I can't even imagine what I would have done.

On my birthday, I ate a lot of cake.  It's my one time a year I get Konditorei cake.  For those who haven't had it, you are definitely missing out.  I chose the After School cake.  It is pretty much D.I.V.I.N.E.  It may also have been worth the no weight loss on the scale this week.  I had been planning that though, so I'm OK in the fact that I didn't GAIN any weight. :D





(Please note the beautiful "attack." My child loves chocolate. She loves sugar. She loves cake.  Add those together and you have stealth.  I had opened the fridge to put the groceries in, and somehow her hand was in the cake and out of it, with a fistful of deliciousness before I even realized it.  Next thing I hear is, "Mmmm...Yummy Coco!!!" I couldn't agree more little one!


Speaking of accomplishments, I have been able to run further and longer than I ever have in my entire life.  I absolutely love that my legs are behaving and working with me.  I am so very grateful.  I am also grateful for an uncrowded gym so that I can be in charge of 1-3 tv's at any one time.  If I can watch cupcake wars, house hunters international, and some random game show, I could probably run for 2 hours! 

Our View from our room. It was pretty great.  It would have been fantastic if the other side of the building wasn't there. :)








Just being cute




Showing her boyfriend how to do things




Now he's showing HER!




I guess this is what you do when you have blinds?

1 comment:

Mama Nirvana said...

Happy Birthday! Thought I was the only one who LOVED House Hunters Int'l.

Amy