Saturday, May 30, 2009

Updates

I don't have any fun pictures to accompany this, but I thought I'd put an update since I haven't been on in a couple of weeks.

  • Only 3 weeks and one day to go. Hopefully I can at least last the next 6 days, then I'm in the clear with school. I did my report cards today, so the only thing I need to do it pack up my room.
  • Speaking of packing up my classroom, there might be some good news on the horizon in terms of jobs this fall. The master minds have been at work shifting contract and union language to try to get the teachers back with more seniority before those below us. Keep us in your prayers that this is true, because if it is, I'll have a job this fall!
  • Drew is doing his bar prep classes and they seem to be taking up more time than law school did. I'm glad he isn't working right now, cause then I'd never see him! Let's just hope and pray he passes the bar at the end of August so he can make some real $$$ :D
  • My blood pressure is up, up, up, and when I called the doctor to report on my numb fingers, I was told that if I had any headaches, blurred vision, or if I gained a significant amount of weight quickly (not hard to do unfortunately! hahaha)- that I was just to go to labor and delivery. Once I hung up the phone, I totally freaked- realizing that oh my gosh! I am close enough that they aren't going to try to stop anything. Scary!!! I think we're as ready as we're going to get though. Now I just need to get a few things together in case it happens in the middle of the night and my mind is going 3 million miles an hour, doped up on Unisom. :)

I think that may be about it. I can't think of anything else. :) Hooray for boring weeks in anticipation of the silliness I thought might be a good idea. hahahaha

Oh, and p.s. to all those parents out there- help your kids with homework! Spend time reading to them and doing math games. You'd be amazed at how much it helps them not just academically, but socially, and emotionally as well!

No comments: